What BMW companies are covered by this policy?
The following BMW companies are covered by this policy in the UK:
Short name: BMW UK Fullname: BMW (UK) Limited
Short name: BMW Holdings Fullname: BMW (UK) Holdings Limited
Note: for ease of reading the companies are referred to throughout this policy by their Short name.
References in this policy to “BMW Group” “BMW Group UK”, “we” or “us” are references to all of the companies above. These are all registered at this address:
What the BMW Group companies do:
BMW Group provides services through a number of different parties in the UK.
- BMW UK coordinates the BMW and MINI business in the UK:
- BMW UK is an importer and distributor of the BMW Group’s brands, of BMW and MINI motor cars and BMW motorcycles in the UK. BMW UK operates under the following trading styles : BMW, MINI , BMW i and BMW Motorrad ( motorcycles)
- It is the UK national sales and marketing company for the BMW Group and:
- Appoints Retailers (BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad Centres) and agents.
- Deals with second level support and technical issues.
- Operates the BMW & MINI digital systems and services.
- BMW Holdings
- Provides taxation services and advises BMW Group companies in the UK
BMW as Data Controllers and our responsibilities:
BMW UK is responsible for, and is the Data Controller of your personal information that it receives through the BMW.co.uk and MINI.co.uk websites, MyBMW or MyMINI accounts, ConnectedDrive and MINIConnected Services (Connected Services).
Ultimately, BMW AG is the parent company of BMW Group UK and provides much of the IT infrastructure through the above mentioned companies. BMW AG is generally a service provider or Data Processor to the above mentioned parties.
However, BMW AG is in addition the Data Controller for information received through the usage of the Connected App as well as a joint Data Controller for the technical provision of Connected Services.
For more information on our Connected Services visit:
Contact details of each of the Data Controllers listed above and their Data Protection Officers can be found here.